- J.B. gabani follows an open access system.
- Books or other materials taken from the stacks should not be re-shelved by the readers but should be left on the tables reserved for this purpose. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost. While entering the library, readers should leave their personal belongings, such as bags, brief-cases, personal books, and parcels near the counter reserved for this purpose. However, they can carry loose papers and note books.
- Readers leaving the library should allow the library/security staff to examine their personal belongings.
- Readers should maintain peace in the library and should not disturb other users in any way. Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library material in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he will be charged the full replacement cost of the material. Every student must have to follow rules and regulation of the library.
- All community children would have to apply for membership in the prescribed form.
- They would also be entitled to borrow two books on the security to be furnished by their parents.
2. Borrowing Entitlement
- Books can be borrowed against library card issued by j.d.gabani library to the borrowers.
- The library card is non-transferable and their loss should be immediately reported to the library. Although the library will take all possible care against the misuse of the library card, it is the holder of the library card who is responsible for any loss to the library due to the misuse of his/her library card. A fee of Rs.30/- will be charged for issuing a duplicate ticket/booklet.
- All the people can borrow two books at a time. And must be give back within 15 days otherwise extra charges will be taken. and Membership fees are refundable.
3. Issue and Return
- The borrower may return or renew the book on or before the due date. For renewing, presentation of the material along with the booklet/tickets is necessary. Renewal is not permitted if a demand is pending for the material.
- The library can recall material after two weeks of issue. Materials to be replaced on reserve can be recalled any time.
- If a book is not returned to the library when due, the borrower will be fined Re.1/- per day per volume